Montserrat Full Day with Brunch
Montserrat is a rock formation located 50 km away from the city, traditionally considered as the most significative and important mountain of Cataluña. This importance it’s related to the legend which tells the appearance of a representation of the Virgin with the Christ-Child in one of its caves. Nowadays, this woodcarving it’s located in the church of the monastery and it’s well-known as the “Moreneta” due to its dark color, considered the patron of Cataluña.
Because of this legend, the mountain has always been very connected to the spirituality and that’s why it embraces numerous hermitages and churchs, some of them already abandoned, apart from the principal monastery of Santa María de Montserrat.
This guided visit offers us explanations of the diferent aspects of the mountain as the monastery. Afterwards, we will move through a pave road to the viewpoint of the Creu de St Miquel, which offers breathtaking views of the mountain. Later, we will take Brunch, in a special area with views to the mountain, which shall consist on local products with wine and cava.
After this Brunch we will be able to enjoy the performance of the Escolanía de Montserrat, one of the most ancient children choirs of Europe. After that, we will visit the Sacristy. Once we’re done with the guided visit, you will have free time in the area to admire the beautiful landscape, visit the handicraft market, visit the audiovisual space or taste some typical liquors.
What is included?:
- Official Guide (Spanish and English).
- Air-conditioned bus.
- Exclusive entrance to the Sacristy.
- Walk to the viewpoint of the Creu de Sant Miquel and the chapel of Sant Miquel.
- Brunch of local products such a cold meats, cheeses and dessert paired with two cup of
wine and one cup of cava, typical sparkling wine of Catalonia.
- Tasting of 3 typical liqueurs. Handmade by the monks of the monastery.
- Tickets to the audiovisual space “Espai Audiovisual Montserrat”.
What do you need to know?:
- Please, wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- In the Basilica of Montserrat: no tank tops, shorts and sandals are allowed.
- Duration: 10 hrs aprox
- Adult: 79€
- Child (between 4 and 12 years included): 67€
- Advanced reservation required.
- Cancellation fees: 100% for less 24 h. Notice or no-shows.
- Balmes Street, number 5.
To book this excursion, contact our office by email firstname.lastname@example.org or whatsapp 680 531 527.