Escorial Monastery and Valley of the Fallen
Escorial Monastery is located one hour from Madrid. Considered for many years the Eight Wonder of the World, El Escorial was conceived by by Philip II as a monastery, palace and royal pantheon. A place dedicated to Christianism, power and knowledge. On that way, it would become the symbol of the grandeur of the Spanish Empire.
Valey’s Basilic is situated 9km from El Escorial. It was dug out f mountain at an altitude of 1350m above sea level. It was built in the 1940s and 1950s. Highlights include the basilica building and the cross standing 150 meter above the landscape of the Madrid mountains, that includes a magnificent views and photo opportunities.
What are included?:
- Official Guide (Spanish and English).
- Entrances to the monuments.
- Air-conditioned bus.
What do you need to know?:
- Please, wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- The visit to Valley’s Basilic will be possible only with good weather conditions.
- Duration: 5h. approx.
- Adult 60€
- Senior (older than 65 years) 54€
- Child (between 6 and 15 years) 45€
- Our Office Wamos in Plaza de Oriente, 8.
Do you want to complete your trip with a Toledo tour? Book here.
Where is El Escorial?