Escorial Monastery and Valley of the Fallen
and Toledo Afternoon
Escorial Monastery is located one hour from Madrid. Considered for many years the Eight Wonder of the World, El Escorial was conceived by by Philip II as a monastery, palace and royal pantheon. A place dedicated to Christianism, power and knowledge. On that way, it would become the symbol of the grandeur of the Spanish Empire.
Valey’s Basilic is situated 9km from El Escorial. It was dug out f mountain at an altitude of 1350m above sea level. It was built in the 1940s and 1950s. Highlights include the basilica building and the cross standing 150 meter above the landscape of the Madrid mountains, that includes a magnificent views and photo opportunities.
Toledo was the old capital city of Spain and today you could see great examples of Muslim, Jewish and Catholic architecture. These remains tell about a past of tolerance where three cultures coexist in the same city, in the same time. A magnificent city declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1986.
What are included?:
- Official Guide (Spanish and English).
- Entrances to the monuments.
- Optional lunch.
- Air-conditioned bus.
What do you need to know?:
- Please, wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- The visit to Valley’s Basilic will be possible only with good weather conditions.
- Duration: 11h. approx.
Price without lunch:
- Adult 106€
- Senior (older than 65 years) 96€
- Child (between 6 and 15 years) 80€
Price with lunch:
- Adult 124€
- Senior (older than 65 years) 108€
- Child (between 6 and 15 years) 92€
- Our Oficina de Wamos en Plaza de Oriente, 8.
Where is El Escorial?
Where is Toledo?